Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Some gushing about my granddaughter

Colleen and Brian's baby was born on the fifth and Tom and I went to see her the next day.  She is just adorable! I know I'm biased and that all babies are cute, but Riley (Riley Taylor) is just stunning. She's got the sweetest little face and long fingers and toes and her disposition is as sweet as her face. She never cried, despite being passed around from grandparent to grandparent, and occasionally to parents, too. She only fussed a bit once when she was hungry.

If I didn't know she was adopted, I'd almost believe she was Colleen and Brian's natural born daughter! She has Colleen's long fingers and toes and the shape of her foot could be a match for Colleen's at that age! Both have narrow heels. It's really uncanny!

I went out to a rummage sale to look at a Pack N Play, thinking it would be a handy crib to have here, and ended up getting it, then couldn't resist also getting a few cute clothes I saw.  I hope Colleen likes them, but it's no problem if she doesn't - they didn't cost much.

We're going to see her this weekend and I'm counting the days, and hours, till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment