Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New year, new post, new chance to improve

First, a belated paragraph or two about Christmas.  It was the best I've known in years, and our granddaughter Riley made it so!  From the obligatory picture with Santa the week before Christmas, to opening her gifts on Christmas Eve day, Riley charmed everyone who saw her.  She was definitely the highlight of the season - at least for me she was.  I don't know what we did for holiday fun before she entered our lives (was that only last year?).  I think, if at all possible, everyone should find a child to celebrate Christmas with!

Now, to the new year. I don't make resolutions. I have failed and kicked myself for those failures too many times to make anything like a resolution.  What I do make are . . . hopes . . . aspirations . . . good intentions.  Those are easier to make and I don't feel so bad if I don't quite live up to those goals.
As I said in the title, I do hope to improve this year.  I'd like that improvement to include some weight loss, but if it isn't to be, just keeping my health, eyesight, and teeth as they are would be okay, too.  And not losing what often diminished feeling mental ability I have going would be nice, too.
To that end, I'm keeping the appointments I've got and making new ones as needed, as well as working crosswords, playing trivia games, and other online games that take some thinking. And, I've been told, writing a blog will help, so here I am.  I hope all these games and writing help my mind, but if not, hey, I'm having fun and it's a reason to be on the computer. ("No, I'm not wasting time, I'm improving my mind! Really I am! Can I help it if it took all day?")

I guess at this point in my life, I'm adhering more and more to the old adage of changing what I can, and accepting the things I can't change, as hard as I sometimes find that to do.  But, calling up another favorite saying, I'll also always keep marching to the beat of the drummer I hear - even if I'm the only one in the parade. Life wouldn't be worth living if I didn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment