Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March First

They said on the news this morning that it was the first day of meteorological Spring. You couldn't prove it by the view outside my window.  With all the snow heaped along the roadside and laying in sparkling drifts as far as I can see - maybe half a mile, to the road and building on the other side of the open area across the street - Spring looks far from being here, no matter what the weatherman said.  But the neighbors have a couple of new snow-people in their front yard - a result,  I suspect, of their daughter's and their grandkids visit last week - and the bright orange hunting cap I noticed one of them wearing brightened my day and added a bit of interest to the usual walk to the mailbox.

I suppose, since part of this blog is titled "Read" I should make an attempt to stick with the theme - at least for this first post.  So . . . I am reading John Connolly's The Reapers.  It's the 8th, I think, in the "Charlie Parker" series of novels and I'm enjoying it. Usually JC is very wordy and rambles off into a lot of back story, but this time he's sticking more to the plot and the back story he goes into is interesting and useful.  Although I wish he wouldn't do those chapters in italics.  Italics are hard for my old eyes to read. Especially when contrasted to the nice clear, easy to read font he uses for the present day parts of the book.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you started this blog Ann. I look forward to reading more and more!

    ReplyDelete